The Good News Church has more than 20 ministries that focus on being FITLY JOINED TOGETHER TO WIN THE LOST AT ALL COST. Ministries include LEADERSHIP: Elder's Council, Missionary Board, and Deacon's Board; EDUCATION: Sunday School, Bible Study, and New Members Class; MEMBERS MINISTRIES: Men's Fellowship, Women's Ministry, Singles Ministry, Youth Ministry, Young Adult Ministry, Music Ministry, and Marriage Ministry; MINISTRY OF HELPS: Courtesy Club, Ushers, Hospitality, Nurses Guild, and Mother's Board; ADMINISTRATION: Trustee Board, Finance, and Secretarial Staff; OUTREACH MINISTRIES: Tape Ministry, Van Ministry, Nursing Home, Prison Ministry, and Good Samaritans.
We also support the following organizations: Matthew 25, Christ's Community of College Hill, Angel Tree, Whiz Kids, Life Forward, and Interfaith Network. Below are details of several ministries:
The Men's Fellowship comprises every man both young and mature who have joined the Good News Church of God in Christ. The aim of this ministry is that the men will accept responsibility for contributing to the spiritual growth, prayer, and unity of the church.Psalms 133:1 "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" Luke 18:1b "...that men ought always to pray, and not to faint".
Equipping, enabling, serving and outreaching as one body with many members working together to change the lives of those that are waiting for us. (1 Corinthians 12:14-21)
- Equipping: To grow women in their knowledge of God, understanding of the Scripture, and relationship with Christ
- Enabling: To teach women to apply the Word of God to their lives through accountability with particular emphasis on our unique roles as women
- Serving: To encourage women in the body of Christ and in the community to love and serve with excellence
- Outreach: To provide opportunities for women to reach out into the community to share the love of Christ
Servant Leader: Deacon Gary Hemmings, Jr.
Good News has both Children's Ministry and The Youth Ministry all combined under Youth Ministry. Youth Ministry seeks to encourage, empower, and engage children and youth in Christian service and life while having fun. Recently combined with Children's Ministry, our youth leaders are working to grow children and youth in their spiritual development and in social skill development.
Encouraging all children and youth to experience the unconditional love of Jesus, find His forgiveness, and make a commitment to Him.
Sunday Morning Worship:
- To provide children (ages 3-13yrs) with the opportunity to worship in an age-appropriate setting, learning at their level of understanding, and participating in worship every 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sunday Morning. Youth weekend is celebrated the weekend of each 5th Sunday where they are in charge of the entire weekend. The Youth Choir ministers 5th Weekend.
- The Children’s Choir (The Angelics) minister one Sunday of each month.
Studying the Bible:
- All children, youth, and young adults can participate in Bible Study each Tuesday evening from 7:30pm – 8:45pm (September – June)
- Sunday School each Sunday morning.
Young adults can experience a deeper understanding of God’s Word through Tuesday evening Bible Study and during Sunday School. College bound students can also remain plugged into the ministry through various auxiliaries.
The music ministry of the Good News Church consist of the Echoes of Praise, Sanctuary Choir, Men's Choir, Women's Choir, Youth Choir, musicians, and liturgical ministry. These groups minister on Sunday Morning while the Youth Department is in charge of 5th Sunday (Youth Weekend).
The Good News Singles Ministry is a Bible-based ministry focused on helping, restoring, and building the whole-man and our neighbors while maintaining a personal relationship with God. Singles Ministry is intended to cultivate an atmosphere where people with mutual Christian lifestyles, being single, divorced, or widowed, with or without children, can fellowship together in unity around the purpose of Christ.
Who can join the singles ministry?
- Those 18 years or older
- unmarried, single parents, widowed, divorced
**Types of Events:
- Meetings with singles “women talk”
- Meetings with singles “men talk”
- Panel discussions
- Dinner parties
- Outreach with the community
- Prayer walks
**Open classroom available for youth/ children if you can’t find a babysitter.